The Hogy Swordfish eel was the idea of South Florida commercial fishing Captain Cory Burlew. Tired of lowering his bait 2000 Feet and having it torn to pieces by voracious squid he came up with the idea of using an artificial lure that would attract swordfish but be ignored by the squid. Watch the video below to see the Hogy Swordfish eel in action.
This finely tuned swordfish eel is the hot new bait in daytime deep dropping. A big lure for big fish, 18″ long, pre rigged with two Mustad 7691S Stainless steel hooks and a 300 lb monofilament leader in its own mesh storage bag. Designed to imitate favourite deep water forage like snake mackerel and other eel-like creatures. Keep it working in the current, most strikes are on the retrieve or on the drop!
- Specialized Deepwater UV Blended Soft Plastic
- Professionally pre rigged
- Leader Chafe Protection
- 8″ UV Squid Teaser
- 9/0 Mustad 7691S Stainless Knife Point Hooks
- 300lb Deep Drop Mono Leader
- 600lb Kevlar Tandem Rig (18″ Size Only)
- Fast Taper Tail – Serpentine Eel Action
- Included mesh storage bag